You can capture high-quality pictures and videos using the Camera app. If Quick launch is enabled, quickly press the Side key twice.
Take stunning pictures with your device’s front and rear cameras.
1.From Camera, set up your shot with the following features:
- Tap the screen where you want the camera to focus. When you tap the screen, a brightness scale appears. Drag the slider to adjust the brightness.
- To quickly switch between the front and rear cameras, swipe the screen up or down.
- To change to a different shooting mode, swipe the screen right or left.
- To change camera settings, tap Settings.
Configure shooting mode
Allow the camera to determine the ideal mode for your pictures or choose from several shooting modes. From Camera, swipe to the right or left to see the available shooting modes.
|Panorama||Create a linear image by taking pictures in either a horizontal or vertical direction.|
|Pro||Manually adjust the ISO sensitivity, exposure value, white balance, and color tone while taking pictures.|
|Live focus||Take artistic pictures by adjusting the depth of field.|
|Photo||Allow the camera to determine the ideal settings for pictures.|
|Video||Allow the camera to determine the ideal settings for videos.|
|More||Choose other available shooting modes. Tap Edit to drag modes into or out of the Modes tray at the bottom of the Camera screen (Galaxy A21 only). – Food: Take pictures that emphasize the vivid colors of food. – Macro: Capture close-up images of objects from 3-5 cm away.|
Add interactive focus effects to your pictures.
- From Camera, swipe to Live focus.
- Drag the slider to fine-tune the effect.
- Tap Capture.
Record high-quality videos using your device.
1.From Camera, swipe right or left to change the shooting mode to Video.
2.Tap Capture to begin recording a video.
3.Tap Stop when you are finished recording.
- To take a picture while recording, tap Capture.
- To temporarily stop recording, tap Pause. To continue recording, tap Resume.
4.Tap Stop when you are finished recording.
Use the icons on the main camera screen and the settings menu to configure your camera’s settings.
From Camera, tap Settings
- Scan QR codes: Automatically detect QR codes when using the camera (Galaxy A21 only).
- Hold shutter button to: Choose whether to take a picture, take a burst shot, or create a GIF when holding the shutter button down (Galaxy A21 only).
- HDR: Make your pictures pop by capturing more detail in the bright and dark areas of your shots (Galaxy A21 only).
- Rear video size: Select a resolution. Selecting a higher resolution for higher quality requires more memory.
- Front video size: Select a resolution. Selecting a higher resolution for higher quality requires more memory.
|Auto HDR||Capture more detail in the bright and dark areas of your shots.|
|Pictures as previewed||Save selfies as they appear in the preview without flipping them.|
|Grid lines||Display viewfinder grid lines to help compose a picture or video.|
|Location tags||Attach a GPS location tag to the picture.|
|Camera modes||Set the default camera mode. You can also reorder or hide your shooting modes|
|Shooting methods||– Press Volume key to: Use the Volume key to take pictures, record video, zoom, or control system volume. – Floating shutter button: Add an extra shutter button that you can move anywhere on the screen. – Show palm: Hold your hand out with your palm facing the camera to have your picture taken in a few seconds.|
|Storage location||Select a memory location. – A memory card (not included) must be installed to view Storage location.|
|Shutter sound||Play a tone when taking a picture.|
|Watermark||Add a watermark to the bottom left corner of your pictures.|
|Reset settings||Reset the camera settings|
|Contact us||Contact Samsung support through Samsung Members|
|About Camera||View app and software information.|