If you’ve seen a video on Twitter that you want to save or share outside of Twitter, then you’ll want to download the video, but Twitter has removed the functionality from the app and website, so now you’re stuck wondering how to download Twitter videos directly.
Luckily it’s absolutely possible to download Twitter videos directly to your Android device, Apple device, and even your PC.
There are many different apps, websites, and ways to download Twitter videos directly but listed below are three easy methods for each of the most popular ways to access Twitter.
How To Download Twitter Videos Directly To Your Android Device?
To download Twitter videos directly to your Android device, you’ll need to download one of the many apps that provide this functionality; one of them is called Download Twitter Videos.
The app displays ads but doesn’t limit your ability to download Twitter videos, so it’s not a big deal. If you really hate the ads, you can buy a version of the app, but that isn’t required.
- Download the Download Twitter Videos app to your Android device.
- Open the app and go to the settings menu, and select preferred settings. You can set your resolution preferences and tell the app if you want it to automatically download if you paste a link into it.
- Use the Twitter app to find the tweet that contains the video you want to download.
- Tap on the Share button at the bottom of the tweet. a. Tap Copy link to video b. Tap Share Tweet via and send it to the Download Twitter Videos app.
- Open the Download Twitter Videos app if you copied the link.
- Paste the link into the top box of the app.
Once the video is downloaded, you can watch it in the app, save it to your camera roll, or even upload it to a cloud storage service and share it with anybody you want.
How To Download Twitter Videos Directly To Your Apple Device?
Downloading Twitter videos directly to your iPhone or iPad requires a little more setup than other methods but once done, it’s easy to download more Twitter videos as needed. As with all devices, there are multiple ways to do it, but listed below is a reasonably safe and straightforward method for downloading Twitter videos.
- Download the Documents: Files, PDF, Browser app from the apple store
- Open your Twitter app and find the Tweet with the video you want to download
- Tap on the Share icon on the bottom right of the Tweet, next to the heart icon
- Tap Copy Link
- Open the Documents app that you just downloaded
- Tap the blue compass logo to open the app’s browser
- Type www.twdown.net into the address area
- Tap and paste your tweet link into the box on the twdown.net site
- Select the video quality that you want
- Rename the video if you want, and press done.
Once the Twitter video is downloaded, you can access it through the Documents app, save it to your camera roll or upload it to cloud storage, so you share it with others or keep it saved for later.
How To Download Twitter Videos Directly To Your PC or Mac?
Downloading Twitter videos directly to your PC or Mac is as simple as visiting a third-party website that lets you put in the Twitter posts link, and the website will do all the work for you and provide several different options for downloading the Twitter video.
It’s a relatively straightforward process, and both sites work in the same way.
- Using your web browser, go to the Twitter post that contains the video you want to download.
- Click the share button at the bottom of the tweet, which is next to the heart button.
- Click the Copy link to tweet.
- Go to one of the Twitter video download links I posted above.
- Paste the link into the box on the front page of either Twitter video download site.
- You can click the download button next to the size of the video you want to download.
I did notice in testing that sometimes one of the Twitter video downloader sites can’t find or access the video I pasted, but I was able to download the video using the other site. So try using both of the links above if you have any issues downloading the video.
If videos are private and can’t be accessed publicly, then this method won’t work, and you may need to try other options from your smartphone or look at other apps or Chrome extensions to get the video.
How Do You Download Private Twitter Videos Directly?
If you come across private Twitter videos that you want to download directly, then you’ll need to use a Chrome or Firefox extension in your browser to download the video.
One option is the Twitter Downloader that you can add as a Chrome or Firefox extension. You’ll just need to install the extension and then go to the tweet in your browser that you want to download.
Click the extension and have it download the private Twitter video directly to your PC.
This can also be a good option for public videos rather than using a website, but it depends on whether you want to leave the app installed or not.
Conclusion To Downloading Twitter Videos Directly
It’s unfortunate that Twitter doesn’t offer an easy way to download videos directly from the app or website. It’s been many years since they removed the ability to download videos, so it’s unlikely that it will come back soon.
If you’re having any difficulty with one of the methods above or you want to share the video with others, then a cloud storage service is a good option, as I mentioned a few times above.
You can use any of the methods above or find alternative ways and download the Twitter video to any device, upload the video to a cloud storage system, and then you’ll be able to share it and download it to your other devices using the cloud storage app.
- How Do You Reset a Fujitsu Air Conditioner – Help Guide - July 20, 2023
- Levoit Air Purifier Troubleshooting and Cleaning Filter - July 20, 2023
- How to Fix A Dryer That’s Not Heating? - July 1, 2023